Chandler is a thriving community in Maricopa County, Arizona, where you likely feel safe living your daily life and taking care of your loved ones. But auto accidents in Chandler are like anywhere else in Arizona: They often cause extensive property damage, injuries and even death. As the seventh fastest growing community in the nation for those over population of 100,000, the city is frequently the scene of catastrophic car crashes. The number of accidents occurring in Chandler each year will likely only increase as the city grows and becomes highly developed.
Arizona State Auto Accident Statistics
Arizona car accident statistics indicate that 2015 was as dangerous as previous years throughout the state. Sadly, even as cars become “smarter” and other technologies advance safety of driving and riding in automobiles, there are still many factors that lead to auto accidents.
According to the Arizona Crash Facts Summary of the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), the following is a snapshot of statewide crash statistics for 2015:
- 116,609 auto accidents in the state
- 811 accidents with fatalities
- 36,139 injury accidents
- 94,404 accidents occurred in highly populated communities like Chandler
- 4,941 wrecks were attributed to drunk driving
- There were 6.33 percent more accidents in 2015 than in 2014
Do you have 30-60 minutes to speak with an accident attorney? No Cost Consultation
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
Maricopa County and Chandler Auto Accident Statistics
There were at 85,269 auto accidents in 2015 in Maricopa County, where Chandler is located. Of these, 4,170 vehicle crashes occurred in Chandler. Three percent of all of the county’s fatalities from car wrecks happened in the community.
In Chandler, there were 12 accidents with fatalities, 1,213 wrecks with injuries and 2,945 with property damage only. All of Maricopa County combined experienced 25,933 injury-related accidents, with 38,569 people injured. Sadly, 381 Maricopa traffic accidents involved fatalities, with 409 people being fatally injured.
Below are Chandler’s traffic accident details for 2015:
- 4,170 accidents
- 1,703 injuries resulted from 1,213 wrecks
- 2,945 accidents resulted in property damage only
- 12 accidents were fatal, with one death per accident
- 160 drunk driving accidents killed two people and injured 100
Historic Trends for Auto Accidents in Chandler, Arizona
Chandler drivers experienced fewer fatalities and fewer fatal accidents in 2014, as compared to 2013. There were also a lower number of drunk driving fatalities, 40 percent fewer people involved in fatal auto accidents, and a 400 percent decline in pedestrian crash-related deaths in 2014 than in 2013.
Below is a quick comparison of motor vehicle accident statistics for 2013 and 2014:
- 11 auto accidents killed 11 people in 2014
- 12 auto accidents killed 12 people in 2013
- In 2014, drunk drivers caused four fatal accidents, whereas there were six in 2013, for a 33 percent improvement between these two periods
- Four pedestrians were killed by cars in 2013, but none were killed in 2014
Chandler Auto Accidents Occur Throughout Each Day
In Chandler, an auto accident can occur at any time of day and on any day of the week. Drivers must be alert, aware and observant whenever they get behind the wheel to ensure they are as safe as possible when on the road. As statistics indicate, no one is safe from the possibility of property damage, injury and even death in an auto accident.
In Chandler since 1994, fatal accidents have most often occurred in October, April and July. But the safest months for driving in the community are January, February and June. February is the safest month of all, with 60 percent fewer fatal accidents occurring during this winter month, versus the number occurring in October.
Tuesdays and Fridays are the safest days of the week for driving in Chandler. For morning driving, drivers experience a 63 percent lower chance of being in a fatal car accident on Fridays, as compared to the worst morning of the week on Sundays. Tuesday afternoons are safest, with 66 percent fewer fatal auto accidents in Chandler than occur on the worst afternoons of Sundays.
Where Chandler’s Car Accidents Occur
Chandler is a rapidly growing community. With an ever-increasing population, the city, county and state governments are working at all times to ensure drivers are aware of problem intersections, roadways and crossings throughout the city. Although accidents can happen anywhere at any time, knowing where there is a history of serious accidents can help drivers be more vigilant in those areas and at times of day when they may be most vulnerable.
Scenes of fatal car accidents in 2014 include:
- On State Road 202:
- At the Arizona Avenue ramp, with two drunk drivers, two vehicles and one fatality in December
- A single-car accident resulting in one death in November
- On East Riggs Road in front of Fry’s Marketplace:
- Three vehicle accident with four people involved, one fatally injured
- Drunk driving accidents killed one person each on the following roads:
- Alma School Road at Warner Road in October at about 1:00am
- Chandler Boulevard at Pennington Drive on Halloween at just after midnight
- State Road 202 Arizona Avenue ramp two days after Christmas at 10:30pm
- Intersections where fatalities occurred include:
- Germann Road at Cooper Road
- Kyrene Road at Pecos Road
- McQueen Road at Ray Road
- Calle Segunda at Avenida Tercera
- Cooper Road at Pecos Road
- State Road 87 at Know Road
Do you have 30-60 minutes to speak with an attorney? No Cost Consultation
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
Auto Accident Injuries and Deaths
Chandler has much fewer fatalities than the rest of Arizona’s average number of fatal accidents per year. About half the number of fatal accidents occur per 100,000 people each year in the community, versus the state of Arizona as a whole.
Fewer vehicles are involved in the fatal accidents in Chandler each year than throughout the rest of Arizona, as well. In 2014, other cities averaged 13.5 vehicles involved in fatal accidents per 100,000 residents. Chandler drivers were only involved in fatal accidents at a rate of 7.9 autos for every 100,000 residents.
Since 2008, Chandler fatal drunk driving accidents have occurred at almost the same rate as throughout the rest of the state. In 2011, city drivers caused fatal drunk driving accidents a rate of 2.9 per 100,000 residents, a statistic that was worse than the statewide average of 2.4 per 100,000 residents. In 2013, the community’s drivers were consistent with the statewide average for drunk driver-induced fatal car accidents. 2014 showed a slight improvement for Chandler residents, with 1.6 fatal auto accidents due to drunk driving as compared to the state average that year of 2.1 fatal DUI wrecks per 100,000 residents.
When You Are Involved in a Chandler Auto Accident
Being in an auto accident is incredibly stressful. The scene of the accident is very chaotic. But when such an accident occurs, it is important that you gain the information you need to ensure you have the best chance of gaining compensation for your injuries and property damage. When an accident happens, try to remember to do the following:
- Take notes regarding the accident time and date
- Write details of weather conditions and other observations from the scene
- Keep accident records, including police reports and information from other agencies
- Obtain witness contact information and statements
- Maintain your insurance declarations
- Take notes about how the accident occurred
- Contact a Chandler car accident lawyer Cantor Crane as soon as you can. You may even choose to call them while you are at the scene, for the best guidance
- DO NOT sign anything from the insurance company until you talk to a personal injury and auto accident attorney
- Understand that insurance companies will generally try to under-pay accident victims
- Speak to Cantor Crane injury lawyers BEFORE providing any statements, recorded or otherwise, for insurance companies
- Do not feel rushed by insurance companies to make decisions
Getting the Help You Need When You Are in a Chandler Auto Accident
Being in an auto accident is expensive. As a result of these costs, you can suffer major financial problems for a long period of time. Both you and the rest of your family can suffer from these costs. For the maximum amount of compensation possible for your property damage or injury claim, contact a reputable and highly experienced personal injury and auto accident lawyer. This type of lawyer will provide the guidance and support you need to get your life back on track.
Someone is likely at fault for the accident that changed your life in Chandler. Another driver may be to blame. A faulty auto part may have caused the accident. It may even be that negligence of an auto manufacturer, parts dealer or mechanic played a role in your collision.
What a Personal Injury and Auto Accident Lawyer Will Do for You
When fault for a car accident is not your own, you can gain the following types of compensation with the help of a qualified auto accident attorney:
- Hospital bills
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medication
- Accident-related medical bills
- Injury rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Auto rental
- Towing charges
- Other damages
The first step to getting the help and compensation you need is to speak with an auto accident lawyer as part of a free, no-obligation case consultation. The lawyers of Cantor Crane will provide this for you.
As a client of Cantor Crane, our lawyers will guide you through your claim process and handle common issues for you, such as:
- Determination of fault
- Insurance company dealings and the insurance claims process
- Personal injury and damages compensation
- Government liability
- Property damage
- Structured settlements
Statutes of limitations may affect your Chandler, Arizona auto accident case. These limitations are usually between six and 24 months from the time of the accident, for filing of a claim. The experienced and knowledgeable attorneys of Cantor Crane will help you understand these statutes, your rights and other needs when you speak with them about your auto accident case.
Skilled Auto Accident Attorneys Work Hard for You
Cantor Crane personal injury lawyers handle all types of auto accident cases. The firm’s highly skilled and respected lawyers often handle cases of car accidents involving:
- Single cars
- Multiple cars
Call Cantor Crane for a FREE Consultation with an Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer
After an auto accident, you will feel distressed, vulnerable and even physically pained. But it is critical that you have a skilled, experienced and reputable lawyer on your side to ensure your claim is properly valued and compensated. Insurance companies know how to intimidate accident victims and will use their skill to ensure you are paid less than you deserve. When you have a lawyer from Cantor Crane on your side, insurance companies know they will have to provide what you deserve as compensation for your property damage, injuries and other accident-related expenses.
Unless the attorneys of Cantor Crane settle or win your Chandler auto accident case, you do not pay any fees. Call Cantor Crane today at 602-254-2701 for your free, no-obligation auto accident and personal injury consultation.