Surprise, Arizona Auto Accidents
Surprise, Arizona earned its name because the city’s founder said she would be surprised if the town “ever amounted to much.” That was in 1938 and the words were those of Flora Mae Statler, who converted one square mile of farmland into what is now Arizona’s tenth largest community of over 120,000 residents.
Surprise is a bustling community where sports are widely enjoyed, with the city being the setting of spring training for the renowned Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals. Other activities keep residents out and about within the city, as well as on the roads in ever-increasing traffic.
Arizona Auto Accident Statistics
Arizona roads proved as dangerous in 2015 as they have been in most other years. Auto accidents frequently occur here, just as they do throughout each state of the United States. Even as automotive technology spawns “smarter cars” and greater safety measures, there continue to be many variables that can lead to even catastrophic auto accidents. Some of these variables include human driver errors, distracted driving, manufacturing and part defects, and even poor automotive maintenance. There are many issues that may lead to an accident anytime and anywhere. These accidents often result in injuries, property damage and death.
The Arizona Department of Transportation’s Arizona Crash Facts Summary reported the following auto accident statistics for 2015:
- 116,609 auto accidents in the state
- 811 accidents causing one fatality or more
- 36,139 accidents resulted in injuries
- 94,404 collisions occurred in cities and communities like Surprise
- 4,941 wrecks were caused by DUI drivers
- A 6.33 percent increase in accidents over the prior year
Do you have 30-60 minutes to speak with an accident attorney? No Cost Consultation
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
Maricopa County and Surprise Motor Accident Statistics
Maricopa County, the home of Surprise, was the scene of 85,269 motor vehicle accidents in 2015. Of these, 1,260 accidents occurred in Surprise. The people of Surprise suffered roughly one motor vehicle accident for every 100 residents.
In Surprise, there were four accidents with fatalities, 320 causing injuries and 936 causing property damage only. Throughout all of Maricopa County there were 25,933 accidents that caused injuries, with 38,569 people needing medical attention. Tragically, 381 Maricopa County collisions led to 409 fatalities.
Surprise’s 1,260 traffic accidents in 2015 resulted in:
- 468 injuries as part of 320 accidents
- 936 incidents of property damage only
- Four deaths as part of four accidents
- 52 DUI accidents with one death and 27 injuries
Surprise, Arizona Auto Accident History
Surprise drivers experienced a lower number of auto accident fatalities and fewer fatal crashes in 2013, as compared to 2012. Drunk driving fatalities also decreased. But there were far more people involved in fatal auto accidents in Surprise during 2013, when compared with 2012. Neither 2012 nor 2013 resulted in any pedestrian deaths due to car crashes in the community.
Below is a quick comparison of the community’s motor vehicle accident statistics for 2012 and 2013:
- Five fatal collisions resulted in the death of five people in 2013
- Six fatal collisions resulted in the death of six people in 2012
- 29 people were victims in auto accidents that led to fatalities in 2013
- 17 people were victims in auto accidents that led to fatalities in 2012
- One drunk driving accident in 2013 resulted in fatalities
- Two drunk driving accidents in 2012 resulted in fatalities
- Zero pedestrians were killed in auto accidents in either year
When Surprise Auto Accidents Historically Occur
Surprise auto accidents can occur anytime and anywhere in the community, of course. But there are historic trends indicating the less safe roads, intersections and crossings within the community. Drivers in Surprise should always pay close attention to the road, their own driving and the other drivers around them, in order to be as safe as possible when behind the wheel.
Since 1994, fatal accidents in Surprise have more frequently occurred in April and November than other months of the year. January and June are the historically safest months for drivers in Surprise, with fewer fatal accidents occurring in these months.
Wednesdays are by far the safest driving days in Surprise. Fewer fatal accidents have occurred on Wednesdays, than any other day of the week since 1994. In fact, motor vehicle drivers, passengers and pedestrians in the community are about two to three times more likely to be killed in an automobile accident on any day other than Wednesdays. Wednesday mornings are the safest mornings for driving to avoid a fatal accident and the same day’s afternoons are the safest afternoons of the week. Residents are almost three times more likely to be fatally injured by an auto accident on Fridays, than on Wednesdays.
Where Surprise’s Car Accidents Occur
Surprise is – like most any other community – experiencing healthy growth. As the tenth largest community in Arizona, Surprise offers many things to enjoy throughout the community. As the city grows and continues to thrive, the government will work to ensure drivers are kept aware of the most dangerous intersections, crosswalks and roads in the area. By tracking these places where fatal accidents occur, residents and visitors are able to ensure they pay closer attention when driving through the accident-prone neighborhoods.
Scenes of fatal auto accidents in Surprise during 2013 include:
- Waddell Road:
- A two vehicle accident killing one driver in March at 7:37pm
- A two vehicle accident killing one person in September at 2:46pm
- Port Royal Lane:
- A single-car accident killing one person in May at 10:26pm
- Bell Road:
- Two vehicle accident killing one person at 12:54am in November
- A drunk driving accident killed one person on the following road:
- US 60 in October at 6:54pm
- Intersections where fatalities occurred include:
- Waddell Road at La Cometa
- Port Royal Lane at 146th Drive
- Cotton Lane at Waddell Road
- US-60 at Patton Road
- Bell Road at El Mirage Road
Injuries and Deaths Caused by Auto Accidents
Since 1994, Surprise fatal auto accidents have occurred with lower frequency per 100,000 people than throughout the rest of Arizona, with the exception of 1999. 1999 was a terrible year for the following occurrences, each far bypassing Arizona state averages per 100,000 people:
- Fatal accidents per 100,000 people: 44.3 in Surprise, 12.3 average in Arizona
- Vehicles involved in fatal accidents per 100,000 people: 72 in Surprise, 20.5 average in Arizona
- Fatal drunk driving accidents per 100,000 people: 16.6 in Surprise, 5 average in Arizona
- Fatalities in auto accidents per 100,000 people: 44.3 in Surprise, 13.3 average in Arizona
- People involved in fatal accidents per 100,000 people: 122 in Surprise, 38 average in Arizona
- Pedestrians involved in fatal accidents per 100,000 people: 16.6 in Surprise, 3.7 average in Arizona
When You Are in a Surprise Auto Accident
Being in an auto accident is extremely stressful, particularly if you are injured, suffer major property damage or when someone is killed. Any of these occurrences can make an accident scene chaotic, at best. But even during this stressful time, it is important that you maintain focus on your best interests and self-protection as part of a legal claim. When someone else is at fault for your auto accident, you will experience many costs that you would not have otherwise incurred.
If you are involved in a car accident while driving through Surprise, try to remember the following steps after an accident, in order to enable your best chance of gaining the compensation you deserve for your injuries and other damages:
- Take notes regarding accident time and date
- Take photos with your smartphone or other device, if you can
- Observe details of weather conditions and other circumstances, noting these
- Keep an accident record file for police reports and other information
- Gain witness contact details
- Maintain insurance declarations
- Take notes regarding the cause of the accident and resulting events
- Call a Surprise personal injury and auto accident attorney as soon as possible
- DO NOT sign anything from the insurance company without first speaking with an attorney
- Know that insurance companies will generally try to under-compensate you
- Speak to Cantor Crane injury lawyers BEFORE providing any details or recorded statements for insurance companies
- Do not feel rushed by insurance companies to come to decisions
When an Auto Accident Happens in Surprise: Getting the Help You Need
When you are in an auto accident, you will suffer expenses that you must cover, such as medical costs, auto repair and lost income. Your entire family may suffer due to these unexpected costs. This is why it is so critical that you gain the guidance and support of an aggressive and reputable Surprise car accident lawyer. Such a lawyer will help you file a legal claim to successfully gain the compensation you deserve for the auto accident, injuries and other damages.
Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with, often being somewhat tricky in their tactics to ensure they continue toward company profitability and their own best interest. Someone needs to help you look out for your best interest. This is why having a Surprise car accident lawyer is so very important.
How an Auto Accident Lawyer Helps You
When a car accident is not your fault, you should be compensated for all of the expenses you must pay because of that accident. That compensation may help you with the following costs and more:
- Hospital bills
- Doctor visits
- Laboratory fees
- OTC medication
- Imaging studies
- Injury rehab services
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Auto rental
- Towing and storage fees
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Other damages
To get the compensation you need to cover your accident costs, the first step is to call an experienced auto accident lawyer in the Surprise area for a free, no-obligation case consultation. By calling the experienced auto accident lawyers of Cantor Crane, this will be provided for you.
When you are a Cantor Crane client, you can expect guidance through your claim process. You will also have common issues of Surprise, Arizona car accidents skillfully handled for you, such as:
- Determination of fault
- Insurance company dealings
- Personal injury and damages compensation
- Government liability
- Property damage
- Structured settlements
There are Arizona statutes of limitations that may affect your auto accident case in Surprise. From the time of your accident, these statutes of limitations may exist for anywhere from six months to two years. It is before these deadlines that you must file an auto accident legal claim. Cantor Crane’s Surprise car accident lawyer will help you understand these statutes. They will also inform you of your rights as an accident victim and what you can do to gain compensation you deserve. All of this occurs when you speak with Cantor Crane about your auto accident that occurred in Surprise or elsewhere in Arizona.
Experienced, Knowledgeable Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys Fight for You
Cantor Crane lawyers handle all types of auto accident claims for Arizona residents. The firm’s highly experienced lawyers have handled motor vehicle accidents involving:
- Single cars
- Multiple cars
- Personal Watercraft
Call Cantor Crane for a FREE Auto Accident Consultation
You are likely emotional, stressed and even feeling emotional after your Surprise area auto accident. This is normal. It is also normal to be in great pain after a car crash, as well as afraid of how your future may be forever changed. At this time, it is important that you have the right, highly reputable and knowledgeable Surprise car accident lawyer on your side, who will fight for what you are owed from negligent parties and insurance companies.
When you call to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with the lawyers of Cantor Crane, you will not have to worry about legal fees. You do not pay any legal fees unless your case is settled or won. Call Cantor Crane today at 602-254-2701 for help with your auto accident.