Property damage, injuries and death often result from Mesa auto accidents, just as they do throughout the state of Arizona. According to the Arizona Department of Transportation’s 2015 Arizona Crash Facts Summary, the following facts are true about driving in the state in 2015:
- 116,609 car crashes occurred
- 811 accidents resulted in fatalities
- 36,139 crashes caused injuries
- 94,404 accidents occurred in highly populated areas like Mesa
- 4,941 wrecks involved drunk drivers
- Accidents increased from 2014 by 6.33 percent
In 2015, there were 85,269 car accidents in Maricopa County. About 6,900 of these collisions were in Mesa, Arizona, including 6.8 percent of Maricopa’s car accidents with fatalities.
Do you have 30-60 minutes to speak with an attorney? No Cost Consultation
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
Below are car accident statistics for Mesa, AZ in 2015:
- 6,910 accidents
- 2,946 injuries resulted from 2,101 wrecks
- 4,783 accidents resulted in property damage only
- 26 accidents were fatal, accounting for the same number of deaths
- 246 drunk driving-related accidents killed six people and injured 151
- Mesa is the second most deadly city for drivers, passengers and pedestrians in Arizona
Fortunately, Mesa drivers experienced about 22 percent fewer deadly accidents in 2014 than in 2013. This change was from 36 fatal accidents in 2013 to 28 in 2014. The year 2015 was even better, with only 26 fatal accidents. This decrease is consistent with a reduced number of deaths from these crashes each year. In 2015, two fewer deaths occurred than the prior year.
Below is a comparison of auto accident statistics between 2013 and 2014:
- 29 people were killed in 2014, whereas 41 were killed in 2013
- In 2014, there were 28 fatal car accidents versus 36 in 2013
- In 2014, drunk drivers were involved in five accidents with fatalities, the same number of accidents as 2013
- Nine pedestrians were killed by cars in both 2014 and 2013
Mesa Auto Accidents Occur Throughout Each Day
An accident can happen at any time of day in Mesa. Although it can be stressful to think about vulnerability to property damage, injuries and even death, any of these can occur anytime you get into your car and set out on the city’s roads.
Since 1994, fatal auto accidents in Arizona have been evenly distributed among all non-summer months. On average, July, August and September bring a 19 to 21 percent drop in the number of accidents per month, making these the safest three months for driving around town.
Where the City’s Car Accidents Occur
The city is always striving to build driver awareness about dangerous intersections, roadways and crossings in the community. Knowing current traffic conditions in Mesa, where accidents occur in the city, as well as when they happen and whether drunk driving was involved, can help motorists be more aware in those areas and at those times. U.S. Highway 60 and University Drive is among the fatality “hot spots” for the community.
Scenes of fatal car accidents in 2014 include:
- On U.S. Highway 60:
- A one vehicle wreck with one fatality in March
- In March with four vehicles involved in a drunk driving accident resulting in one fatality
- A June accident with one vehicle involved, resulting in one fatality
- A single-car accident resulting in one death in October
- An October drunk driving accident with four vehicles, causing one death
- On University Drive:
- Two vehicle accident in March with one fatality
- Two vehicle accident with one death in April
- Two vehicle accident with one death in June
- One vehicle striking a pedestrian in October
- Drunk driving accidents killed one person each on the following roads:
- Ray Road in March
- Mesa Drive at Hampton Avenue in May
- State Road 202 in July
- Single-vehicle accidents killed one pedestrian per incident:
- Main Street in July
- Dobson Road in July
- Apache Trail in July
- Broadway in July
- 72nd Street in October
- Ellsworth Road in December
- Two pedestrians were killed in December at the intersection of Gilbert Road and 8th Avenue
- Intersections where fatalities occurred include:
- Greenfield at McDowell
- Extension Road at 1st Street
- Recker Road at Brown Road
- Main Street at Higley Road
- State Road 101 frontage at Rio Salado Parkway
- Southern Avenue at 24th Street
Auto Accident Injuries and Deaths
Mesa is a bit safer than the rest of Arizona’s average number of fatal accidents per year. About two fewer accidents occur per 100,000 people each year in the community, versus the state as a whole.
About three fewer vehicles are involved in the city’s fatal collisions each year than throughout the rest of Arizona, too. In 2014, other cities averaged 13.5 vehicles involved in fatal accidents per 100,000 residents. Mesa vehicles were only involved in fatal wrecks at a rate of 10.8 vehicles per 100,000 residents.
For three prior years of reporting, the city’s drivers are less likely than others throughout the state to drive drunk. In each of the prior three years, about one person drove drunk and caused an accident for every 100,000 people in Mesa. This compares to between 2.1 and 2.5 people driving drunk per 100,000 population throughout the rest of the state.
When a Mesa Car Accident Occurs
Being at the scene of an accident can be chaotic and stressful, at best. But when you are involved in an accident, there is information you will need for your optimum chance of compensation for property damage and injuries. If you are in an accident, try to remember the following:
- Make notes of accident time and date
- Jot down weather conditions and other scene observations
- Keep accident records obtained from police and other agencies
- Gain witness information and statements
- Maintain your insurance declarations
- Write down how the accident occurred
- Contact a Mesa personal injury attorney as soon as you can, even while at the scene
- BEFORE signing anything from the insurance company, call Cantor Injury Lawyers
- Be aware that insurance companies generally try to under-compensate accident victims
- Do not provide recorded statements for any insurance companies before talking to Cantor Injury Lawyers injury attorneys
- Do not feel rushed to make decisions about insurance offers
If you have been injured in a Car Accident in Mesa, AZ, speak to a lawyer today.
Free One-on-One Consultation
– Click Here to Schedule –
Getting Help When You Are in an Auto Accident
Costs incurred after an accident can be extensive. This can lead to major financial problems in your life, as well as that of your family. To gain the maximum amount of compensation possible for your property damage or injury claim, contact a personal injury and Mesa car accident lawyer for the support and guidance you need.
When you are in a Mesa auto accident, someone is likely at fault. Another driver may be to blame or a faulty auto part may have led to the wreck. It is even possible that negligence played a role in your collision, such as through negative practices of auto manufacturers, parts dealers or auto mechanics.
When fault is not your own, an insurance claim handled by a qualified attorney may lead to the following types of compensation:
- Hospital bills
- Prescription and OTC medication
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Rehabilitation for injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Auto rental
- Other damages
The first step to getting the compensation you deserve is to speak with an auto accident law firm as part of a no-obligation, free case review. The Mesa accident lawyers of Cantor Injury Lawyers will provide this for you, then helping to guide you through your claim process as a client of their law firm. Common issues will be handled for and with you, such as:
- Determination of who is at fault
- Dealing with insurance companies and the claims process
- Gaining compensation you deserve for personal injury and damages
- Government liability
- Property damage
- Structured settlements
Many people do not realize that there are statutes of limitations that may affect your Arizona car accident case. These limitations are generally between six months and two years for filing of a claim. An experienced car accident and personal injury attorney at Cantor Injury Lawyers will help you understand these statutes and other needs when you contact them as soon as possible following your collision.
Experienced Auto Accident Attorneys Work Hard for Your Rights
Cantor Injury Lawyers personal injury attorneys have handled all types of car accident cases. The firm’s highly experienced and respected attorneys handle cases involving:
- Single vehicles
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Accidents involving Semi Trucks
- Motorcycle accidents
- Side-by-side / ATV accidents
Contact Cantor Injury Lawyers for a Free Review of Your Case by Mesa Car Accident Lawyer
As confused as you may be feeling after your accident, Cantor Injury Lawyers attorneys will ensure your claim is properly valued and compensated. Dealing with the insurance companies can be difficult and they often come across as intimidating. This may make you feel that you have no choice but to accept low insurance claim offers. But that is not the case, when you have a qualified personal injury attorney by your side. Insurance companies know that such an attorney is not going to let you give in without getting what you deserve as compensation for your property damage, injuries or other accident-related expenses.
You are not responsible for any fees until the attorneys of Cantor Injury Lawyers settle or win your Mesa car accident case. Call us now at 602-254-2701 for your free, no-obligation consultation.